Monday, April 22, 2024

A Short Hike

  • Genre: Adventure
  • Time Played: ~2 Hours
  • Too Short/Long: Maybe a little short, but fine for what it is.
  • Pleased/Disappointed: It's cute. I had more fun than I expected.
  • Why I played: I had received the recommendation a few times, and I technically had it, and I needed a little palette cleanser game.
  • Recommend to others: I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it, but if you have it via a bundle, like I do, or don't mind dishing out a few bucks for a game that's only a couple hours of running around, sure.
A Short Hike is pretty much exactly what I wanted to play right now. A brief game where I can run around and do stuff and not over analyze, or really overthink anything at all. Just have some fun for a little awhile. It reminds me a lot of Lil' Gator Game and considering this game out before that, I can only assume Gator game was inspired by this. I neglected this for some time though, despite some recommendations, until my latest one, just because the forced perspective thing made it seem like it wouldn't be as fun.

It was fine, the game is still very charming and a fun little no-stakes hike up a mountain with a couple little mini-games and fetch quests along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment